Friday, July 20, 2007

I Think Therefore I Am… a Winner of a Blogging Award!

I want to thank Nessa (pictured below) for naming me as a recipient of the Thinking Blogger Award! She gave me this award a while ago, but I am just now getting around to making the announcement. You guys know how modest I am. Part of this great honor is that I must now give this award to five other blogs. It was almost impossible to choose only five from all the great blogs I visit and link to. But, after careful thought, and several coin-flips, I hereby bestow this Thinking Blogger Award to the following blogs:


Congratulations, and now you have to choose 5 winners.
Good luck with that!

Quick Personal Update:
My Mom’s surgery went well, and she sends along her thanks to all the well wishers and Key Lime commentators. I will be returning to San Francisco on July 26th and getting back to regular production. Finally, no I haven’t had a Garbage Plate yet, but will. I’ve been trying to get a hold of a portable defibrillator before I dig in.

11 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks Chef John for naming me in the "thinking Blogger Awards". There are so many of us out there, it is an honor to be chosen. Now the tough part for me will be choosing 5, there are so many terrific food blogs, narrowing it down to 5 will be tough.
Thanks again

Chef John said...

You are welcome. How could I not choose a fellow Italian/Russian/Polish Foodie Blogger?? I think I already told you, but my mother-in-law is convinced we are somehow related. Good luck with your picks...and you are right is sooooo hard to pick just five. I love so many of the sites I have linked on my site.

Anonymous said...

Yay! :) Congrats!!! You deserved it and so do all the other food blogs out there. Your hard work finally paid off. Your going to come back in time just for THE SIMPSONS MOVIE!!! XD Alright hopefully it'll be good. Hope to hear from you soon. Now you can finally go to the Kwik-E-MArt! Again Congrats to Chef John and all the other food bloggers!!

Janet said...

Thanks for the compliment!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :-)

I'm happy to hear your mother's doing well also!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for choosing my site :) Happy blogging and video-making! Wishing your mom a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Totally, TOTALLY, off-topic here, but Chef John, do you have a good recipe for French toast online anywhere?

I love good restaurant french toast, but when I make it at home, it comes out to "eggy". I'm not really sure what to do to fix it.

Can you help?

Anonymous said...

hey chef john..i am recently 'addicted' to the crunchy top of the muffin sold in my campus area..do u know how to have that crunchy top?! a lot of muffin i saw don't have that vevry crunchy top..thanks and keep making the vdos..
cheers!

Chef John said...

jewels, I have been planning a french toast clip for a while. The best way is to used an egg and cream mix instead of just eggs. Also, they should be finished in the oven. Stay tuned!

emma, the only way I know is to top the muffin batter with a crumble topping before it bakes. This is usually sugar, butter and flour and sometimes nuts. The caramelized sugar is what gives the crunch. Ask the baker for the recipe! (then tell us)

The Culinary Chase said...

Holy smokes! Thanks chef John for thinking of me! I am chuffed! Just got back from vacation & already am getting ready for my Monday posting!
Again, many thanks!

Cheers,
Heather

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Chef John, and many, many thanks! Egg and Soldier is deeply honored!