Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hello and Goodbye

We're just about ready to leave for Sonoma, so I probably won't be posting until Monday or Tuesday. I will hopefully have some beautiful photos of our menu to show. Below I've reposted the only video I have of an actual Passport appetizer. We've served this one several times and it's a great bite to pair with red wine. Keep it in mind the next time you are entertaining.

This version uses cream cheese, but we've done it using Teleme, and Crescenza (you'll have to Google them unless you are a real cheese head). Anyway, keep an eye on the blog while I'm gone. Enjoy!

The following video was originally included in a post entitled: "Calabrese Lollipops – Antipasto on a stick!"

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meat "Pocky" snacks! :)

Steffen P said...

Video no longer availible.. :(

Have a nice trip!

Natalie Sztern said...

If i have read this right ur video is that of a passover appetizer?
if i read it wrong i apologize, but if it is indeed : there are some problems one being mixing the cheese with the meat and the second having it rolled around a breadstick as u mention....

Natalie Sztern said...

as i said if i read it wrong i aplogize and I now do....being immersed in passover i read the appetizer as such instead of passport appetizer....what is a passport appetizer

Chef John said...

thats just Youtube, try again it works, I just checked. Thanks!

Chef John said...

passport not over. See post below

PrimeBrit said...

You ROCK Chef. Have a great time...

Anonymous said...

Soppresata, paper-thin sliced, is my absolute favorite on sanwiches - it combines nicely with fresh high-moisture mozzarela and sweet basil + ripe meaty tomatoes. (One has to go easy on cream cheese or it will drown in the taste - I actually like it better with just few drops of olive oil and a pinch of salt.)

Gulfdiver said...

Nice.. gotta try this with some ham/provolone/ baby swiss/ salami.. hell forget it.. I'ma make a sandwich now! Have a great time.. AND SEND PICS PLEASE!

Graceful Babies said...

Love it! Great idea...I plan on using a version of this for my sons up comming birthday party...very cool!

Steffen P said...

Apperently YouTube doesn't like me.. still no video for me..

Steffen P said...

BTW the way, the post name Calabrese Lollipops РAntipasto on a stick! reminds me a lot of Jeff Dunham, and Jos̩ Jalepeno.. great fun..

Curt said...

They look like a Chef John version of "goat peckers" (commonly seen at church potlucks, etc.).

dandelion said...

Could I use Quark in exchange for the cheese? It is a little bit more tart.