Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Winner of the First (and last) Crazy Cooking Caption Contest is…Me?

Wow, I can't believe it! I don't know what to say. This is so unexpected - I didn’t even prepare a speech. I would like to thank Food Wishes for this great honor, as well as all the fans that voted. I love you all. I want to thank my wife for all her support, the crazy mac and cheese guy, and…oh, man, I know I'm forgetting someone. Okay, I hear the music…Anyway, this is such an honor, and I just want to say to you all, if you have a dream, go for it. Thank you and God bless.

7 comments:

Wristbands said...

I had a really funny caption about a Skinhead Anger Management Cooking Class gone horribly awry. But I thought it would be inappropriate for the tone of your site.

Congratulations, nonetheless!

Anonymous said...

I take this to mean noone entered? I considered it but expected the competition would be tough!

Well, I'll take the consolation prize: tons of amazing recipes :)

(PS hope you got my donation!)
Richard G

Chef John said...

Yes, Thanks!! Enjoy the consolation prizes!! ;)

Katherine said...

I almost voted for the one about having a hair in one's food, but yours was just more positive and light-hearted. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, you have that Oscar speech down cold!!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard right now I'm crying. The pic of "you" accepting the Oscar is just hilarious. In fact, this whole contest fiasco was a real comedic high for the site. The Oscar pic kills me. I need a tissue.

And good thing you were up front about you writing the winning comment. You almost Milli Vanilli-ed yourself on your own goddamn site.

Instead, you can now rest in the comfort of naming a recipe video after you. I hope you're proud of yourself. I know I am.

Scott - Boston

Anonymous said...

Geez-I missed the whole voting thing. I was out of town, and had no web access. I could have spammed myself some votes from family members or something!

Congrats George er I mean John!

Jeff