Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Top Ten Highlights from the Food & Wine Classic

I had to narrow down like two-dozen things to do it, but I've finally posted a top ten list for my favorite Food & Wine Classic experiences. The four days were a blur of amazing food, wonderful wine, and a truly unforgettable cast of culinary characters, so choosing a top ten list was not easy. If you're so inclined, you can read the article on my About.com American Food site.

I've been reading lots of similar recaps on other food blogs, and except for a few exceptions (everyone loved Jose Andres' barbecue), these post-Classic reviews are as varied as the food itself. And, you wonder why these star chefs are so high strung?

Tomorrow at some point I'll be uploading a super delicious video recipe for lamb shoulder braised in root beet and toasted sesame. The recipe was adapted from the one I saw Richard Blais make in one of the cooking demos I attended.

He served it with a scoop of coleslaw ice cream, but unfortunately I'm fresh out of liquid nitrogen, so you'll just have to settle for the lamb, Stay tuned!

5 comments:

mug shot! said...

lol! liquid nitrogen my foot! lol!

Unknown said...

Yummy....as usual, Love it :) will try it soon. I made Lemon pancakes the other day....everyone just loved them...thanks a lot!!

tonic said...

Looked so delicious I went out to the grocery store to buy ingredients and cooked up the dish last night. Will be having it for dinner today - can't wait!

MusicMan said...

Just had this tonight after going out to purchase my first dutch oven.

Loved the flavor and how tender the meat became. Most of the meat fell off the bone out of the oven. Lots of lamb flavor with a perfectly sweet glaze.

I didn't have chipolte pepper - so I feel I missed out on some heat, but even without it the flavor was great.

Any recommendations on the best way to reheat the leftovers?

Chef John said...

thanks! microwave is the easiest, or just heat covered in the oven, or on the stove slowly