Friday, September 24, 2010

Feeding My Primal Instincts

We're heading up to the wine country tomorrow to attend an event called Primal Napa, which is an outdoor celebration of wood-fired cooking, butchery arts, heritage breeds, and whole animal utilization.

I'm interested in all those things, but to be honest, it was seeing something on the itinerary called, "The Bacon Hall of Fame Tasting Bar," that really had me rushing to RSVP. Here is a little video montage of last year's event.

I'll be tweeting pics from the event all day in case you're into vicarious meat-related thrills. Rumor has it, there are actual office pools regarding how many vegans unfollow me during the event (I imagine it will be quite a few). Stay tuned!

UPDATE: If you're in the area, there are still some tickets available. You can get more info here.


Photos (c) ProteinU

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that Chris Cosentino I see in that video? I assume this video is of a previous year's fest.

Chef John said...

yes it is!

w3bd3v said...

Don't worry, us meat eaters still have your back. ;)

Wendy B. said...

I hate you. Or I want to be you. Or maybe I just hate that I want to be you...anyway, have fun. Eat lotsa pork for me!

KrisD said...

Looking forward to your report. I *really* wanted to attend this, but, alas, my schedule would not allow :-(

Bacon Bar.........

blogagog said...

Hey, if you meet anyone from a winery, could you ask them a question for me? "Why does wine always make me say things that I wish I didn't say when I wake up the next morning?"

Thanks in advance, Chef!