Friday, February 25, 2011

Hello From South Beach!

Just wanted to do a quick hello from the 10th Annual South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Today was the first of three days in the Grand Tasting tent, where I'm serving as Chef Ambassador for Tonnino Tuna.

Here I am standing in front of our table just moments before the gates opened and we were three-deep in hungry foodies eager to taste this great tuna. The fish was sampled very simply with "flavor enhancers" in front of each different variety. The consensus was, as I knew it would be, that the tuna was awesome.

Anyway, stay tuned for more foodie fun soon, including a brand new video recipe I shot before I left. Thanks!


12 comments:

Rita said...

looking good. have a fantastic time!

Anonymous said...

You look great.
Who needs a chef's hat when you have THAT smile on your face!

Food Junkie said...

Nice gig John and well deserved. Too bad the tuna is available up here.

Kim

Paula said...

mmm tuna! love it especially with oliv oil and thyme. I`ve made yours bread treats with chocolate and salt and I need to admire that it totally addictive for me :) thanks for sharing and wishong you fun for next three days!

Paula

S/V Blondie-Dog said...

Hey Chef... what a pleasant surprise. I'm presently anchored off of Key Largo and on my way to Sunset Lake on the south end of South Beach this coming week.

You're invited aboard for dinner! On the menu is a package of re-hydrated Garlic Mashed Potatoes along with a tin of Smoked Herring!

S/V Blondie-Dog.

Anonymous said...

chef john i think your awesome!!!!!!! thanks for the vids all the way from new zealand!

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT time! Bring back lots of Toninno tuna for some great recipes too!

Chef John said...

Thanks for the invite, but I leave Monday :-)

Chef John said...

And thanks all!

Chef John said...

And thanks all!

Andria said...

Hi Chef John,
Just made creamy tomato tuna penne pasta with Tonnio tuna. It's delicious!!! Even my picky kids like it!! Thanks so much!!
Andria in south bay

Danny M said...

I Love South Beach! You really need your own cooking show on food network I used to watch that show but, know all their shows are boring. I would watch your show your so funny!!