Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mmmm...Cream of Turned Mushroom Trimmings

I'm not sure how many of you tried "turning mushrooms" after seeing our post Friday, but just in case, this cream of mushroom soup will help you put those carved beauties and any trimmings to delicious use. When you're done admiring your knife work, chop them up, and enjoy one of the best soups ever invented. I've also added links to some of my other favorite mushroom recipes. Have a happy Earth Day, and as always, enjoy!

Cream of Mushroom Soup
Just Chicken and Mushrooms
Beef Short Ribs Braised with Wild Mushrooms and Tomato
Beef Medallions with Caramelized Tomato Mushroom Sauce
Creamy Mushroom Pasta Yan Yan

6 comments:

John Andrew said...

this is a beautiful site. love the recipes .

Wing said...

Mmmmm I love mushrooms and I love your blog. Thank you for sharing your recipes, they're very helpful and look amazing always.

Roberto said...

Oops. I made a mistake with the mushroom soup and didn't follow the directions properly.

I slowly lowered the onions and threw in the thyme.

Will it be OK?

Hiddy said...

Love your mushroom soup recipe!! Made it countless times already and it's a family favorite

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you didn't use an immersion blender.

Anonymous said...

OMG. It's dinner time, and I've been at the doctor's office all afternoon. I'm starving right now. But, I'm also exhausted. I think I'm more exhausted, so I will just nuke something out of the freezer right now, then read all these recipes and try one tomorrow. They ALL look wonderful, I'm a mushroom lover for sure.