Monday, March 1, 2010

Breaking News: Food Wishes Nominated for Saveur Magazine 1st Annual Best Food Blog Awards!

Thank God for Twitter! I'm sure I would have found out eventually, but I saw a tweet this morning congratulating me on being nominated in the video category for the Saveur Magazine 1st Annual Best Blog Awards! I had no idea, and quickly went to make sure I wasn't being punk'd…it was true!

I know you've all been amazingly supportive in the past when asked to go and vote for me for various awards and recognitions, and I hope I can count on you again! Saveur Magazine is quite a prestigious foodie publication, and any recognition I get there would be huge for the future success of this blog.

Please go to the main awards page to vote. I haven't even read the rules/dates/prizes etc. but I will later. If you see anything you think your fellow foodwishers need to know feel free to chime in. Thanks!

14 comments:

FarJang said...

I hope you get it, you are really the #1 food blogger!

Sanura said...

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to watching the nominations and awards.

Unknown said...

Gave you a well deserved vote.Now can we have more Pork belly recipes?Please.....

Anonymous said...

Wanted to vote, but Saveur needed a registration which was not possible to do outside the US...nevertheless I am there in spirit and congratulations on the nomination - I hope you will win! All the best, Ari

Jack Parker said...

I registered for an account there just to vote for you, John. Your videos are down-to-earth, humorous and easy to learn from. I've tried many of the recipes and enjoyed them all. The photography continues to impress me with it's stunning detail and vivid colors.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - You're our Chef Every Man and not Chef Corporate Product.

You know those clothing designers who make outrageous outfits that no real person would ever wear? Well, a lot of food celebrity chefs make is like that. You make food people can make and enjoy.

Here's hoping you win!

Chef John said...

No worries! thanks for trying. And thanks to everyone for the kind words and support!!

Anonymous said...

Can't vote from the UK Chef! :(
You deserve to win anyway, I wasn't aware of those other blogs and frankly I've just had a look for comparison - you should win no problem!

ClaireWalter said...

Congratulations. You've got my vote!

Claire @ www.culinary-colordo.com (which didn't make it onto Sauveur's radar screen)

Chris K. said...

Wow. It's like the food blogger version of Searching for Bobby Fischer. You've got my vote, and I'll leave you with this:

Bruce: Do you know what it means to have "contempt" for your opponent?
Josh: No.
Bruce: It means to hate them. You have to hate them Josh, they hate you.
Josh: But I don't hate them.
Bruce: Well you'd better start.


Foodtease? Food52? Feh! They're potzers!

Chef John said...

didnt see the movie, but enjoyed the comment nonetheless. thanks!

Unknown said...

Did it. You got my vote. Congrats. Hope you win.

Unknown said...

Food I want to eat. After the lesson, food I can now cook. All served with solid basic principles and a pinch of humor.

rosemary said...

This one seems like an Americans only thing. So disappointed I could not participate this time. All the best.

Sean said...

Congrats on being nominated for the award.