Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Tasty Blasts from Summers Past

Just a little warm weather reminder for a few of my personal favorite summer recipes. If I had to, I could survive exclusively on corn, tomatoes, BLT's, and strawberries...at least for 3 months. If something strikes your fancy, click on the title and away you go. Enjoy! 

Tomato and “Dirt” Salad

With a name like "dirt salad," you know it's going to be great!

Homemade Strawberry Soda

The video Big Soda doesn't want you to see.

Mexican Grilled Corn aka “Elote

This is the best way to eat corn. Not one of the best. The best.

B.L.T. Pasta

I know, it sounds too good to be true. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really want to try the grilled corn recipe. I can't seem to find Ancho chili powder anywhere near me here in Ontario, Canada. Any ideas for a substitute?

Chef John said...

Chili powder will work too, with a pinch of cayenne.

Cherry Bomb said...

Thank you for this! I was just wondering what to make and you blast us with ideas. You're a mind reader. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Chef John is like lasagna. American Italian and amazing!

psrabe@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.