Sunday, August 5, 2007

Food Wishes - The Highest Ranked Blog in the World!!

That’s right, and the screen shot I took of the Technorati blog ranking stats proves it! Part of my usual weekend site admin duties is going over to Technorati to check my blog’s rank. You can imagine my excitement when I realized I was now the author of the top ranked blog in the world. Well, that didn’t take long. I guess I better call my broker and begin discussing my IPO.

The blog has been climbing steadily in rank ever since I first began tracking these statistics a few months ago. Back then, Food Wishes was ranked like 120,000th. At first, I was kind of depressed that after all the hard work I hadn’t even cracked the top hundred thousand blogs. But when I saw that the total number of tracked blogs was an amazing 71 million I felt a lot better, since that put me well within the top 1%. Last week when I checked I had climbed to the 70,000th ranked blog. So, I figured at that rate of ascent it was only a matter of time before I took over the top spot. I just didn’t think I would pass 70,000 blogs in one week.

Well, much to my chagrin, I soon found out that Technorati was doing some type of site maintenance and that every blog in the world was given the top ranking for a few minutes. When they finished their work I saw my real rank; a respectable and still rapidly climbing 60,930. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny, i bet a lot of blogger's hearts jumped for a second. BTW I like your new header and tagline.

Anonymous said...

if they rated blogs by fake profile photos yours would be right up there. ;) Luv the 'stache.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am happy your blog is doing good, and even got to the first place even if for a few minutes only.

I am happy to have been following this blog almost since the beginning.

Good luck to you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Congrats! All your heard work of blogging and filming has really payed off in the virtual since.

Hopefully one day I will find my niche

Mummygirl said...

Aww! I really, really, really thought you'd be a winner for that! *g*

I've got your blog on my firefox tabs, so each time I log on, you get a hit!

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I feel bad. You made me check my blogs rankings and they are way down in the millions. I can't even consider myself average now :(

hahahahha

Congrats Chef!

Lily said...

This is a great accomplishment. Congrats!