Friday, October 26, 2007

Where’s the Beef? It just fell out of the back of a truck, and is now running all over the road!

Today is my sister’s wedding, and I wanted to thank everyone for all the nice wishes and thoughts, and also for all the comments regarding my About.com try-out. I passed the second stage and the final decision comes on Monday. As I said before, I’m sure there are lots of great candidates, with more time, and no weddings to go to applying, so I’m not getting my hopes up too high, but I still appreciate all the encouragement I’ve gotten on this blog.

By the way, regarding the title of the post; my sister Val and fiancé Rick first met when she was a new police officer and received a call that a large truck carrying cattle had the back gate come open and dozens of very large and annoyed cows were running all over the road and terrorizing the surrounding areas. Rick, who is also in law enforcement, happened to be in the same area, and got a call from the dispatcher to help the local cops (Val) round up the cattle. So, that’s how they first met, and the rest is history!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! (and funny)

Anonymous said...

wow! what a strange yet kind of cute story. :)

Anonymous said...

AAAWWWW
that is SO sweet....:D

how did u and ur wife meet?

tanya

Chef John said...

sweet and true!

"how did u and ur wife meet?"

thats aan even better story and one that will have to wait until I have time to tell the story properly.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA I BET U FORGOT and now ur buying time keekee ojk

tanya