Wednesday, October 24, 2012

And the Winner Isn’t….Pumpkin Roll!

I’m going to be posting a seasonal pumpkin recipe on Friday, and let me tell you, it wasn’t easy deciding on which food wish to do. I get tons of pumpkin requests this time of year, and while I’m not going to spoil the surprise, I can tell you that the venerable pumpkin roll didn’t make the cut. Maybe next year I’ll do my take, but in the meantime, here’s a video from my friends at Allrecipes.com, featuring one of their highest-rated versions. Enjoy!


Click here to get the ingredients and to read the written recipe!

5 comments:

Hope said...

I have to laugh, Chef John. I know that there are many, many more inventive and exciting pumpkin desserts out there but when it comes to Thanksgiving in our house, it ain't the holiday without the pumpkin roll. We'd sooner forget the turkey! Mine is similar to that one, but made a bit spicier and yes, even included a pinch of cayenne!

Can't wait to see what you offer us with the humble pumpkin!

Joel said...

AllRecipes videos are great, but the narrator is missing the Chef John wit.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...needs more sugar.

Unknown said...

hey chef John
cool recipe but i have in hand some fresh pumpkin flesh. how can i substitute the puree?

Chef John said...

You can use it instead of the canned. Not sure of your question!