Sunday, March 3, 2013

Taking a Break

I was playing around with some pulled sugar for an upcoming dessert video, and it reminded me just how much I dislike those ever-popular, themed cake battles on the food networks. In case you've never seen one, I thought I'd take a little break and describe what happens...in every episode: "Contestants, please make a cake that looks like a working Victorian merry-go-round... if his pulled sugar breaks, the entire design will collapse... he's almost to the judge's table... it's starting to wobble... [BEEP]... well, that's a real shame."


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am right with you. I enjoy when folks can actually use skills to complete a task. Using their creativity against the time is enough for us.

S/V Blondie-Dog said...

Hey Chef,

I'm right there with you on this one insofar as silly pastry decorations are concered.

And I'll also have you know that few things give me more tired-head than hearing about cake decorations or the Kardashians for that matter.

So yes... please do indeed take a well deserved break.

Best wishes.

Mary Ann said...

Cannot stand the crazy cakes.. such a waste of food... and impossible to serve, most of them. What a WASTE!