Saturday, July 24, 2010

Contests and Awards Update!

You may have noticed over the course of the last year or so, I've been much more aggressive in regards to entering, or asking for nominations in, various contests and competitions. While these awards are good for the ego, more importantly, they're also great for generating new traffic. I want to thank you for all you've done to sustain these efforts, and for your continued support!

Next Food Network Star YouTube Challenge


The response to my entry has been stunning! My loyal, cult-like following of 56,000 subscribers on YouTube has basically taken over the Food Network's YT channel, where there have been over 1,000 comments of support. If we're chosen as one of the 15 finalists, the voting will begin on August 2, so stay tuned for an update then!




On the Lamb


Our All-American Lamb Moussaka Burger has won the grand prize in the American Lamb Board's third annual “Get Your Grill On” video competition. The prize is two tickets
to the New York City Wine & Food Festival’s “Blue Moon Burger Bash, hosted by Rachael Ray. Of course, we'd have to fly to NYC and get a hotel to collect, but still.


Help Nominate Chef John for a 2011 Tasty Award!


The Annual Tasty Awards are the premier broadcast awards show to celebrate the best in food and fashion programs on TV, in Film, and Online. Last year, Food Wishes wasn't nominated for an award, but that was my own fault. I was so busy at the time the awards were announced, I never asked for a help getting nominated!

If you'd like to help nominate me, please follow this link and cast your vote. Nominations are open through September 5th. I believe you can nominate the website in several categories, but "Best Food Program - Web" and Best "Home Chef in a Series" are the ones I'm hoping to get. Thanks!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I casted my vote for you Chef John--the recognition for what you do is long overdue.

Unknown said...

Dear Chef John,
I'm from the Netherlands and i've loved watching your blog so far, so i've casted my vote for you.
Even though it's hard to understand all of your recepies or get all the ingredients here in Holland it's still a lot of fun to watch all the posts on your blog. And i hope you will check out some recepies from the Netherlands.

Daan

Chef John said...

thanks!

i will check out some recipes from the Netherlands, as soon as you start spelling your name right! ;-)

Steve said...

Chef:

Your Lamb Moussaka Burger looks great and I'm looking forward to making them soon. I've been doing something similar, basically a riff on a recipe from Sam the Cooking Guy with variations on the theme. I'd never thought of using a roux-based cheese sauce. Brilliant!

Re the Food Network thing -- I wish you the best of luck, though I'm not sure FN really wants to give a real chef a show these days. While I was never a big fan of Emeril Lagasse's style, I didn't think they treated him very well after being the anchor for their evening lineup for ages and ages. The shows seem to be more about competitions and "reality" than about food.

Don't let them make you do one of those "Next Food Network Star" competitions -- from what I've seen you've got far more class than that. I call them Stupid Chef Tricks. They have nothing to do either with being a good chef or even a good TV personality. I wonder whether Alton Brown, who has by far and away the best show on FN, would have made it through this silly hazing process. I somehow doubt it.

Oh, if you're concerned about having negative comments on your blog about FN, I won't be offended in the slightest if you either edit my posting or not post at all.

Asian Malaysian said...

Ok Chef John. Ive given you the South East Asian vote. Knock em dead.

Catering Singapore said...

You have my vote Chef John as Best Food Program – Web and Best Home Chef since you deserve it. I’ve been following your blogs and watching you’re youtube you really had a great job.

Buitenzorg said...

I am with you all the way chef. Just voted for Best food program, best home chef.... and.. outstanding visual effect ( just for fun )

Buitenzorg said...

I am all the way with you Chef John. Just voted you Best Food Program-web, Best Home Chef, and... for the fun, Outstanding visual effects :-)

rosemary said...

So happy you and Rachael Ray will be doing something together! I got inspired to cook by Rachael but her limitations made me search for more and I found you! Ahhhhh!! The internet!!! Sooo good!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all the contests! Your food is delicious!

PhillyBear said...

congrats on the burger award. just finished nominating you for the Tasty.

good luck!

PhillyBear said...

congrats on the burger award. just finished nominating you for the Tasty.

good luck!

Anonymous said...

hi chef john,
i voted for you!!
good luck!!