Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year's Eve Menu Idea: Stuffed and Rolled Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Pan Jus

Yesterday's Pork Diablo recipe reminded me of this Stuffed and Rolled Pork Tenderloin recipe I posted over three years ago. This is one of my favorite recipes on the entire blog, and when I saw it only had 14 comments I realized that many of you might not have seen it yet.

It's funny to see and hear how the videos have evolved. This is some very early work, and was shot with a tiny web cam. There's no music, the sound sucks, and the video rambles on for over 8 blurry minutes. That said, there is a certain charm to it, and I got a kick out of watching it today.

Like I said, the recipe is a favorite, and one of my go-to special occasion choices. It looks very cool, is relatively easy to pull off, and scaled up would work nicely for a large table. To view the recipe, click here to go to the original post. Enjoy!

Please Note: Updated internal temperature for this is 155 degrees F. (I like to go higher than 145 because of the stuffing). The video says  internal temperature of 165, but I've since gotten my head right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Chef John!

Anonymous said...

This is my new favorite site! Thanks for making gorgeous, delicious food accessible. I'll make this rolled tenderloin for NYE dinner.

w3bd3v said...

Looks good, I've got some pork tenderloin in the freezer too. Maybe I'll be make this tonight.

It's amazing how the quality has jumped leaps and bounds. It used to look like Joe Schmo in his kitchen. Now your videos look professional, and are more to the point.

Thanks for sharing this oldie, it was certainly before I started following you (almost 2 years now).