Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Some "Fat Tuesday" Temptations Before Your Lenten Fast

Okay, so you're probably aren’t fasting for Lent, at least not in the traditional sense, but that doesn't mean you still can't indulge for Mardi Gras (French for "fat Tuesday" …and it's not called that for nothing!).

The official motto of Mardi Gras is, "Laissez le bon temp rouler" (pronounced lazay-la-bon-tom-roulay), which means, "let the good times roll!" With that in mind, I've linked below to some New Orleans-inspired classics I've posted before. I hope you give them a try. Enjoy!

Creole Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya








Spicy Shrimp Etouffee








Sausage and Chicken Gumbo







New Orleans-Style French Toast "Pain Perdu"

7 comments:

JadedOne said...

Hey Chef John.. I left you a comment on your original post for the Creole Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya. One other question I had was how to make my jamabalaya more red. It turned out almost green in color?

Chef John said...

what made it green?? the tomato makes it red.

Anonymous said...

Chef John this may be a stupid question but in your video recipe for Chicken D'Arduini what kind of pan were you using?

Anonymous said...

JadedOne maybe you have to use less green pepper and more tomato. I will have to make it and see what color I end up with.

JadedOne said...

Chef John - Probably the green pepper as granny said. I'll add more tomato next time :)

JadedOne said...

I'm checking in again to report my batch of chicken & sausage gumbo. This stuff is awesome! I think I even prefer it over the jumbalaya :) You need your own show on TV!

Chef John said...

Thanks, but this is my show... TV is so 20th century.