Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day! Six Sexy Supper Ideas for You and Your Sweetie

Here are some links to six previously posted video recipes that would be perfect for any Valentine's diner. There's something here for everyone, even a very sensual non-meat option. All these recipes are easy to shop for, simple to prepare, and relatively fast to cook.

I hope you all have a great Valentine's weekend
. Enjoy!

Mushroom Ragout on Garlic Toast

Seared Top Sirloin Steaks with Pan Jus

Black Pepper Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Black Cherry Reduction

Classic Roast Rack of Lamb with Dijon Gratin

Chicken Marsala a la Ryan’s Cafe

Easy Indoor "Barbecued" Shrimp



7 comments:

An Ng. said...

I made your seared steak with pan jus last night, but with tenderloin, paired with some fine Merlot, and got l...ots of compliments! Thanks John.

Anonymous said...

also made the chicken marsala
it was unbeliveable thanks

Anonymous said...

Made the steak recipe, and made a couple yorkshire puddings to go with it (you need to add that to your list of recipes! I believe the yanks call them pop overs.) and was absolutely delicious! Cheers!

Daniel Vu Tran lol said...

Would it be weird if I told you that if I was a woman I would marry you? I love all of your food videos. I've been a fan since the beginning! You better remember me when you're famous!!! (even more so than now lol)



Love,
the guy that suggested you show yourself eating the food lol

Anonymous said...

CJ,

I made the mushroom ragu and it was a success. then i made it 3 more times and it is now a smashing success. thank you for that but here is my issue...now i have most of a bottle of marsala wine. how long does this stuff last? does it turn to vinegar like regular wine? can i freeze it in ice cube form (that is what i do with chix stock)

Chef John said...

keep in a cool dark place and it will last a long time.

Unknown said...

Happy Valentines Day