Friday, October 29, 2010

Give Us Today Our Daily Bread and a Good Night's Sleep

I just landed a few hours ago after an exhausting, but really fun and productive trip to Little Rock. I'm not sure exactly when the videos will be ready to air, but when they are, you'll be the first to know. I'm pretty excited for you to see what we did, and hopefully you'll be able to use some of the recipes during the upcoming entertaining season.

I have a new video on how to use a pressure cooker to post tomorrow, but will treat myself to a good night's sleep before finishing it off. Stay tuned, and in the meantime I hope you enjoy this incredibly fascinating TED lecture on the art of baking bread by Peter Reinhart.

Speaking of bread, if you click on the picture above, you'll be taken to a great no-knead country loaf recipe that features a touch of pumkin that would make for a wonderful seasonal treat. If you watch the lecture I have a feeling you'll be inspired to get your hands into some dough.Enjoy!


6 comments:

Connie T. said...

I use a pressure cooker all the time. I think it makes the food taste better for some reason.

Nicole said...

Geez this is such a deep and intellectual lecture! I like it!

Nicole said...

Geez this is such a deep and intellectual lecture! I like it!

dnr mom said...

thanks for this ted lecture--i thought i was the only one who pondered on the symbolism of bread. i never got quite as deep as peter, however. i think i need to make a loaf now.......

Anonymous said...

Are you a religious man, Chef? A Christian/Catholic? This lecture has lots of Catholic Christian themes, seems intentional, the lecturer even references the scholastics.

Just wondering why it spoke to you, since this isn't really about the art of bread-making, but rather the topic of "bread-making" seems to be more of a pretense to a pseudo-cryptic lecture on Catholic Christian mysticism and mystery.

Sally said...

Hey, thanks for that Chef. It was very interesting.