Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Not Quite Wordless Wednesday

I'm right in the middle of a couple big projects, one of which has to do with a potential sponsor for the site. This summer's a critical time for the blog, as far as monetizing to the point of sustainability. My mission has always been to provide free culinary instruction and inspiration, and I continue to explore ways to keep that dream alive.

I will also have news soon regarding a special limited edition DVD of my favorite video clips (and a few other fun things), to sell on the blog. Hopefully this will help generate enough funds to keep the blog cooking for the rest of the year. And, by "limited edition," I mean I will only press as many as ordered.

I'll leave you with a photo of a super delicious fresh summer veggie pizza I made a few days ago. It had cherry tomatoes, fresh corn, poblano peppers, basil, fresh mozzarella, reggiano, and sourdough crust. Do you self a favor and shave some fresh corn on a pizza. Incredible. Click the photo to get intimate with it. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Click the photo to get intimate...

Looks sexy AND "Scentuous"!

Anonymous said...

That is one of the best pizza's I've seen. The thought of that warm, gooey cheese makes me hungry.

PrimeBrit said...

Chef

That pizza looks absolutely amazing. It's pizza for crying out loud and I wil probably dream about it as it's time for bed. How do you do that?

Steffen P said...

Sounds great with the sponsor and everything.

Do you still work on the idea of the online culinary course? Ive been waiting for that since you started. :)

Btw, the pizza looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

John,

Does video clips mean cooking demos from the site?

dp

Chef John said...

Yes, clips = video

Yes, my ultimate goal, mission, and desire is a more formal culinary training series of videos. I'm still trying to figure out the catch22 of taking a month off to film, but still being able to keep the site going. That's why getting the site to at least break even this summer is important so I can get these videos done.

Anonymous said...

Count me in

Anonymous said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you! You've been pretty much my exclusive source for delicious new recipes these last couple of months- I wish you the greatest success.

Anonymous said...

thank goodness, you're finally releasing a hard copy! you've got an order right here (and when you're a famous celeb chef, i'll have a *limited edition* for e-bay!)