Monday, October 25, 2010

Hello from Little Rock – I'm So Busy It's Scary!

Well, I was hoping to have a new video up today, but there just wasn't any time. We put in a full day getting all the scrips finalized and recipes prepped for the eight videos I'm here to film for Kellogg's Snackpicks.com (here are a couple iPhone pics of the studio). The next couple days don't look to get any easier, as tomorrow we begin shooting at 7 AM, and the same on Wednesday.

So, the best I can do is a frighteningly quick Halloween-themed re-run recipes post. To make it an even lamer post, other than the cheese fingers below, I don't even really have any typical Halloween recipes, but all these could work well if your planning a party and looking for some ideas. Just click on the title for the original post with ingredients and more info. Boo!! (yes, that was a double entendre)

Penne Pasta with Neck Sauce – Perfect for that vampire-themed party!




Pumpkin Brulee - Because if it has pumpkin in it, it's cool for Halloween!





"Severed Fingers" Cheese Sticks – So wrong, yet so right!



4 comments:

Deke said...

Welcome to Little Rock! Hope your stay was enjoyable in our fair city.

J said...

Pumpkin Creme Brulee was awesome
thank you chef.

Jen said...

I might actually try to make that pumpkin brulee. Mmmmmmm.

(Another video watched, huzzah!)

Chef John said...

Cool! I hope you do. I will give you a heads-up since you've probably had hundreds of creme brulees, the texture is not smooth and fine, this is much closer to a pumpkin custard or pudding. Still great with the burnt crust!