Saturday, November 27, 2010

SFQ Makes its Debut!

Today, my wife Michele's fabulous barbecue sauce, SFQ – The Original San Francisco Style Barbecue Sauce, will make its debut at The New Taste Market. We're excited to see how this unique sauce will be received by the always discerning San Franciscan foodies. I think the fact that we are serving the sauce with fried pork rinds should help (called Q-Chips).

I'll probably be tweeting pics from the event, so you can follow me on Twitter if you're interested – or better yet, if you're in the Bay Area, come over to the market and have a taste for your self. It's at St. Gregory’s church, 12-5PM.

By the way, I will have a new video recipe up tomorrow, so stay tuned!

9 comments:

Ravenous Couple said...

wow! congrats and wishing it much success!

Liana @ femme fraiche said...

So exciting! Good luck with the sales:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Michele on the BBQ sauce! When can we expect to see your cookbook come out?

KrisD said...

Congrats! I love that sauce--I know it will be a hit.

Jill Drapcho said...

Catchy name for the BBQ sauce! Are you thinking of selling this at the San Francisco Farmers Market?

Years ago, my husband and I visited it, that winter I think it was in a temporary location, but was bustling.

For the past 20 years, my sister and I have had seasonal part time businesses (plants & cut flowers) and sell at the Cleveland and Ann Arbor Farmers Markets, which supplies a steady source of income, enough to spend winters in tropical climes.

As you must know, they sell everything at these markets, from spice mixes to prepared foods and sometimes have book signings.

Elizabeth Howes said...

How exciting! A very big congrats -- and hope to be able to taste this fab concoction soon!

Food Junkie said...

We've been waiting for this sauce to make an appearance. Hopefully it got a great reception?

Ted Ray said...

Is your wife still making the SFQ sauce? If so, is it being sold in San Francisco? I live in the city and would like to try it if still available. Please let me know where it is being sold, including farmers' markets!

Thanks!
Ted Ray

Unknown said...

What will it take to send this awesome SFQ sauce to Mexico? It really looks amazing.