Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Videos from People that Went to My Foodbuzz Panel Discussion, Part 1: Risotto

During the recent Foodbuzz Festival, I had the honor of being asked to participate in a panel discuss on video blogging. I was joined by the lovely and talented, Pim from Chez Pim (and author of The Foodie Handbook), and future video blogging star, Sabrina from Rhodey Girl Tests. The panel was moderated by Krissy Wall, and you can see all four of us here (I'm the bald guy on the right).

At the end of the session, I told attendees that if we inspired any of them to make a video, to email me the link, and I would feature on the blog. Here's our first installment, a beautiful looking risotto demo, compliments of Edward from Weekend Food Projects. For more information, you can see the original post here. Thanks
Edward! Enjoy!

Making Risotto


Panel Photo (c) Marissa from Where I Need to Be

6 comments:

Sippity Sup said...

fantastic! What a teacher you must be. My only regret is not seeing Mr. Weekend 'cuz he's a handsome man. GREG

Chef John said...

I bet you say that to all the handsome men! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me. I would have to fold in some sautéed mushrooms.I never could just tow the line........

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth (I'm a film buff & notice every little detail), I find the shot of your risotto a little too tight, as though I'm looking under a board.

MarissaRose said...

Yes, you are welcome to use the photo :) Thanks so much for the link-back! Your panel was truly enjoyable.

Edward said...

Chef John:

Thank you very, very much!

Greg:

I will appear in my videos somewhere down the line. Thank you for your kind words.

Anonymous:

I was going for a certain effect, but you are correct. I will frame the shot differently next time. Thank you for pointing that out to me.