Sunday, November 14, 2010

Guest Blogger Videos: Featuring the Best of Project Food Blog

Project Food Blog, the big food blogger battle royal over at Foodbuzz, is in Round 7, and has the 48 contestants submitting recipe videos in hopes of advancing to the final 24. Since video is kind of my thing, I've decided to feature as many of these entries as possible. Here are the first two!

We have a great looking Ginger Scallion Sauce by Benjamin Rhau from You Feed a Baby Chili?, and an equally enticing Lemongrass Crab & Scallop Cakes with a Spicy Cucumber Dipping Sauce by Greg from Sippity Sup. By the way, thanks to Greg for the shout out on the post! Enjoy.

Ginger Scallion Sauce
(click here for original post)




Lemongrass Crab & Scallop Cakes with a Spicy Cucumber Dipping Sauce
(click here for original post)

10 comments:

Ben said...

Thanks for the feature, John. And Greg's video is fantastic, as usual!

Kath said...

You certainly picked two of the best videos, John! I love them both.

Sippity Sup said...

John- Thank you for the double honor of being featured on this blog that I admire so much and for getting to share the stage with Ben whom I met at the festival and have come to see what an artist he is. GREG

Luatica said...

I couldn't see the vimeo video, the youtube one worked fine, though I can't stop feeling horrible envy every time I see people with kitchens as big as my living room or even my previous apartment...

Anonymous said...

If I were staging a bout between these two personable young men, I would bill it as "Peter Sellers Meets Soupy Sales".

CallaLily said...

I found your blog right on time! :)

I saw your carbenet cranberry sauce on about.com a year or two ago; I've been making my own cranberry sauce ever since.

I had no idea that you had a blog and a youtube channel! I have been seeking out cheesecake recipes over the last week to make for the Christmas holiday.

I'm so excited to catch up on blog posts here.

Cris said...

Those were great videos! Ben's was exceptional. I would watch more of Greg's if he removed the constant clap and hurray track. Ugh! So obnoxious!

Danielle said...

As much as I love these two videos, they gave me a serious bout of kitchen envy. I mean, seriously, GREG, how many cupboards do you have?!

The Cuisinerd said...

I've got to tell you - we made the Ginger Scallions last night and they were spot on amazing.

Two great videos you've got featured here! What a fun competition this has been so far! So many unique points of views to learn about and follow.

Cheers!

Chef John said...

Thanks, I plan on featuring yours as well!