Sunday, January 26, 2014

Happy National Chocolate Cake Day Eve

Monday is National Chocolate Cake Day, and ever since I posted this Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake last year, the emails have been coming in with one rave review after another. As you’ll see if you check the original post here, I can’t take credit for the recipe, but I am happy to field the compliments. Anyway, if you’re looking for a great chocolate cake with which to celebrate everyone’s favorite chocolate cake-related holiday, then I hope you give this a try. Enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I've been making this one for years now. I did mistakenly use Trader Joe's Sour Cream - big mistake. They use a Light cream to make it. Ugggh!

Professor Renford said...

This looks absolutely amazing!

Heidi said...

I screwed this up the first time, will never bake again.

Willie Dukeshire said...

WOW! I agree that is a very SEXY cake. I got almost inappropriately excited LOL...but seriously, I did. Amazing lookin when it is done....succulent mmmmmm Choclate. I will try this when I get a bundt pan...wish I had one now , and as ALWAYS...Fanfrickentabulous video! till next time, your friend in Newfoundland Canada

masa said...

It's also Punch the Clock Day :)

Erika said...

I was in a pinch to bring a new dessert to a dinner party and didn't have time to try the recipe beforehand. It was so delicious and such a hit that it's now my signature dessert - people can't get enough of how perfect this cake always is!

Unknown said...

Aloha! Was wondering if this cake has to be done in a Bundt pan or can I use a 9x13 pan?

Unknown said...

Sorry, how much of each ingredient do you use? can't see anywhere...

Chef John said...

The link is in the blog post!

Unknown said...

My Sunday dessert! Love you Chef!