Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What I’m Having for Dinner: Roast Pork Loin

My stay with family in Western New York is quickly coming to an end, and I’ll be traveling back to San Francisco on Friday. I do have one more new video recipe to post before I go, and as a little tease, I’ll say it will certainly be a controversial one.

In the meantime, I thought I’d repost this brined roast pork loin recipe, since this is what I’m making for dinner tonight. I’m sure I’ll tweak it somehow, I always do, but I’ll use the same basic technique seen herein. To read the original post, and get the ingredients, follow this link. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks DELICIOUS! Thank you!

You feeling OK? You don't seem to be as chipper in this video!

Best wishes, Chef John!

Chibby said...

Thanks chef;)

cookinmom said...

First!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that uses paper plates!!

KPeff said...

I had a brined pork chop off the grill, sweet potatoes mashed with coconut milk, sauteed yellow squash with onion and garlic, and for dessert I had a pear and some blackberries.

Razors Edge said...

Greetings Mr. Chef John. In your expert opinion do you think this method of brining would have similar results with a beef roast?

I await your rational and very logical answer, as always. Thank you.

Kimmy said...

Hi, thanks for sharing this pork recipe. I'm referring to your earlier posting for the details.

Chef John said...

I've only seen/used brined for pork and chicken, things that tend to dry out when cook. Not sure why you never see on beef.

Anonymous said...

What about pork loin that is "enhanced" and, in effect, already brined? Hard for me to find non-enhanced pork. Brining extra would be overkill, right?

Claire said...

This pork dish looks out of the world. I am sure it taste awesome too. great job done chef very very impressive :)