Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Citronette - A Classic Lemon Dressing Video Recipe as performed by an Over-Emoting Chef

This citronette video recipe was filmed last fall, and was one of the first clips I produced for About.com. It just went live a few days ago, so I'm posting it today with a couple of warnings. When I filmed this, cherry tomatoes were at their peak of sweet deliciousness. They made a fine garnish for my asparagus with lemon dressing. Right now that probably isn't the case.

The other thing I will give you a heads-up about is my presentation. Since this was one of the first video recipes where I had to introduce the topic in front of the camera, I was pretty unsure of myself, and compensated by completely overacting.

It was like Emeril Lagasse had swallowed William Shattner. It's very funny to watch a clip this old, and realize how far I have come in regard to talking in front of a camera. As some of you know, it was a long time before anyone even saw my face. If you remember the old George Clooney bio photo, then you've been visiting this blog for a while. Anyway, the asparagus is piled high this time of year, so make some citronette, and enjoy!Click here for ingredients and transcript

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoah, I didn't know that Sergio Leone directed your first videos for About.com! That's freakin' cool. It must've cost you a fist full of dollars!

The only thing better than the dubbed audio on the intro and outro is the delicious citronette.

Scott - Boston

Chef John said...

Thanks. Leave it to you to drop a Sergio Leone/fist full of dollars reference! You're the Dennis Miller of commentors.

Anonymous said...

Nice new format you've got here, definitely looks more inviting

Anonymous said...

love the new style in the blog :D makes total use of my widescreen :D

Jairus said...

i kinda liked the dubbed intro and outro. it gave the video a smooth transition into the main content portion.

Anonymous said...

haha the 'two large lemons' at the beginning made me lol ... from the way you positioned them ;)

Anonymous said...

Chef. Is this to be stored in the fridge or at room temp? Also how long will it stay fresh? Thanks a ton for these dressings.

Anonymous said...

you didn't say the exact ingridiants!
so can i please have them?

Chef John said...

Click link under video player to get full recipe!