Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blogging from 39,000 Feet

I'm on Virgin Airlines Flight 12, about 45 minutes away from landing in NYC. I heading to the Big Apple to do some filming for About.com and as luck would have it, this weekend is the company's annual guide event. Not sure when or what I'll be posting, but whatever it is, I promise to offer it at the same low prices you're used to!

The Virgin planes have wireless internet, so I decided to do a quick post, complete with close-up of my fat head with some old guy in the background. This is my first time on Virgin (get it?), and I'm loving the leather seats and personal TV in the headrest. Anyway, gotta go, here comes the attendant and I'm going to try and score some extra pretzels. Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Fresh Local and Best said...

I love Virgin America, the best fares, the best economy seats and of course wifi - who wouldn't be flippin' impressed?

Any chance that you can meet your fans during your time in NYC?

Chef John said...

Well, sunday is my only free day, so maybe I'll tweet my NY urban hike route and if people can catch me they can meet me! ;-)

Fresh Local and Best said...

I think that is a GREAT idea! I hope you'll be able to make the last day of Bon Appetit's Supper Club event.

Anonymous said...

Chef, this time, it's going to be "because you asked", right?

Flour said...

LOL at "...some old guy in the background." you're funny! Thanks for the laugh & safe travels:)

Fresh Local and Best said...

Chef, I hope you are having a great time in New York. I realize that the weather is not great for an urban hike, so I hope you have a safe trip back to the beautiful bay area!

Basia said...

Flying Virgin to London made me want to marry Richard Branson. Enjoy!

Luatica said...

Dman just came back fro NY, enjoy!

Jennifer said...

Look at that photo. I'm speechless.

Anonymous said...

wheres the video of this??
u r so cute!!!!???