Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Currently Breaking a Leg in Los Angeles

I just wrapped up day one of my shoot with BNE in Los Angeles. It was a long, but fun day, and left me with a new appreciation for people that cook on TV.

This doesn't mean I'll stop making fun of them, but I do have a whole new level of respect.

My host Jude, the Co-Founder and Executive Producer at BNE, is a force of nature and a total joy to work with. She really took this rookie under her very pregnant wing and made me feel so comfortable and relaxed.

I'm not sure how I did, but she seemed to think it went well, so that's good enough for me. After the shoot she and her husband Greg took me (and her adorable son Hudson) to dinner at this great Mexican seafood joint called Mariscos Chente.

We had this huge whole grilled fish (snook) dish called pescado zarandeado. So good! I also had my first ever
michelada (pictured here), which was a very refreshing (and huge) drink made with beer, lime, and a mildly spicy tomato juice.

I'll be back in San Francisco Thursday evening, and will give you an update then. By the way, I've been in San Francisco since 1983 and this is the first night I've ever spent in LA! See you soon.

8 comments:

Flour said...

How am I hearing your voice when reading your posts?! lol Weird. Not sure if it's just me...
Safe travels Chef John & congrats on the shoot! Sounds very cool:)

Anonymous said...

Her wing is pregnant(!!)? Oh no!

;-)

christopher andrew culley said...

So what exactly are you doing with the television? Am I going to see you on TV? I would totally supports such an endeavors advertisers.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Wow so much excitement! Enjoy all your amazing achievements...you deserve it :-)

Scott - Boston said...

Yeah, I've heard that those Red Shoe Diary shoots can go way into the night.
At least the watching of them does anyway.

Scott - Boston

Chef John said...

God, I would kill to get on a Red Shoe Diaries shoot! ;-)

Chef John said...

thanks everyone!

Brad said...

Chef John huge fan ! The drink is called a Michelada, I have an amazing recipe if you want one from a local mariscos joint here in SoCal