Saturday, July 16, 2011

Barbecued Peaches Because You Have Ten Minutes

You've just finished grilling extra-thick pork chops, and like any good cook you're letting them rest. Not wanting to waste a nice smoky bed of still-hot coals, you take some ripe, juicy peaches, slather them in barbecue sauce, and grill them until just heated through. You serve them next to the pork, and while you eat, your guests shower you with praise, warming you like the mid-July sun.

I used Michele's SFQ barbecue sauce for this, but your favorite brand or recipe should work, especially ones that have a little spicy kick to them. Enjoy! 

View the complete recipe

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! sweet, smoky peach on the spicy pork. yum!!!

Chris K. said...

I bet grilled BBQ peaches would make a killer salsa... hmmm....

Anonymous said...

Awesome, the fourth or fifth post this week. I've been following you for the past three years and after your week of absence, I was afraid of you doing less video posts and more tv. That would be great for you personally, but not so great for us freeloaders.

Keep it up man. Thanks.

Me.Eat.Food said...

How do you keep your grill grates so clean?!?!

Cleaning London said...

I love grill peaches, last summer I was on a bar b q in my neighbours back in USA, and taste it for first time! I love them from the first bite!

Unknown said...

these look delish! I just happily discovered your show on my ROKU.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, but for the love of all things holy! Finish these with some mascarpone!

coupland said...

Can't say I like the sound of BBQ sauce on peaches but this inspired me to make a grilled peach dessert. I put the grilled peaches down in a light syrup of reduced bourbon and brown sugar, threw on a large dollop of lightly sweetened, whipped creme fraiche (your recipe of course) and then sprinkled over some crushed amaretti cookies. So delicious!