Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm About to Make Like a Pea, and Split… To Vegas Baby!

I'm feverishly working to wrap things up before I travel to Las Vegas on Thursday for an About.com guide event. They used to call these things "conventions," but when that term became associated with drunken debauchery, they started using euphemisms like, "Team Building," "Corporate Retreat," and "Company Conference." Also, they're not strippers, they are exotic dancers.

As usual, I will try to photo, film, and write about my adventures for the blog. The beautiful Bellagio hotel pictured here is where I will NOT be staying. I was given a tip to check out some hotels off the strip, which, due to the current economic conditions, were offering some amazing bargains. I found a room for 5 days that is going to cost less...in total...than 1/2 a room for one night at the Bellagio! I will withhold the name of this high-end establishment until I see it firsthand. Wish me luck.

Speaking of Split Peas - I will be uploading a killer Split Pea Soup video recipe. I made it last night, and it was super good. Stay tuned!


Vegas Photo (c) Flickr user jimg944

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stayed over in the Tropicana hotel, and wandered all over Vegas strip when I stayed over a week....

I'm in love with Vegas

1 month wouldn't have been enough to see it all

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your updates! :)

JadedOne said...

Aww it looks like we missed each other by a week. We were in Vegas from the 17th-20th. It would've been cool to meet up and have a great meal with you!

Chef John said...

That would have been nice, I love great meals.