Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bunch of Asparagus Recipes

An abundance of fresh asparagus is one of spring’s great gifts to the kitchen, and there's no shortage of tasty ways to prepare this versatile vegetable. Just be sure to not let your fear of overcooking get in the way of the sweet, tender spears you deserve.


Nobody wants grey and mushy, but undercooked asparagus is tough and bitter, so be sure to check as you go. Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy fresh asparagus. Simply click on the link in the caption to see the video, read the original post, and get the ingredients. Enjoy!

Cream of Asparagus Soup


Asparagus Pie


Roasted Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus


Roasted Asparagus with Fried Prosciutto and Poached Egg


Asparagus Souffle


Asparagus, Ham, and Ricotta Pizza


2 comments:

Jasen said...

I've made half of those so far. Now I know which ones I need to do next starting with the souffle.

As always, thanks for sharing ;)

Pyrofish said...

The souffle is a gateway drug... sooo tasty. I had a carrot one recently based on my experience with this one... oh yeah, very nice!