Friday, April 19, 2013

Why She Cooks and Why She Films

I wanted to share this video by my pal, and super-talented video storyteller, Liza de Guia, featuring another dear friend, Jennifer Perillo, from In Jennie’s Kitchen. If you’re a regular on this blog, you know I’ve shared many of Liza’s gorgeous, entertaining videos before, and this one is no different. This video is part of Food Curated’s Why We Cook series, and it shows exactly why I’m such a big fan of both these talented women’s work.

I’ll let the video speak for itself, but I couldn’t agree more with Jennie’s thoughts on fear in the kitchen. By the way, Jennifer has recently published her first cookbook, Homemade with Love, and it’s getting rave reviews. I’ve not read it yet, but will be doing so very soon. If you’re interested in taking a look, you can check it out here. Special thanks to Liza for letting us share her work, and also to Jennie for being a continuing source of inspiration. I hope you enjoy this, and find it as moving as I did.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Thank you for sharing!

Sweet y Salado said...

What a wonderful woman. I could spend hours hearing someone like this, hearing what they have to say, reading what they have to write. Great storyteller.

S/V Blondie-Dog said...

Hi Chef,

Jenny does indeed make a valid point that one must "check their fear at the kitchen door" and not be fearful of whatever one might be cooking up.

I'll also have you know that ever since I've been watching your recipe videos, that I for one am now fearless while in the kitchen.

That is unless of course my finicky lady-friend happens to be hovering nearby critiquing every move I make while sipping her usual glass of Chardonnay and extolling the virtues of sum' feller' by the name of Jack Pippand whoever he might be.

'Cause in my book, you be da' man!

Chef John said...

lol, thanks!

paula o said...

I knew before you posted this you would be a fan of Jennie Perillo. Both of you have a love and respect for food & cooking that is at the very core of your being. Glad I get to read and experience both of you in my own quest to nourish my loved ones & self in my own quirky but totally vital cooking journey.

Pat Dohaney said...

Thanks so much for sharing this inspiring young woman. She has touched my heart strings and brought forth the real reasons to be in the kitchen. For love. Love of others, Love of creating and Love of food.
Thanks so very much. I am so looking forward to reading her new cookbook cover to cover and over and over again. God bless you all.

Unknown said...

Great story, well-produced. Thanks for sharing, Chef John!

Cagliarigirl said...

Love it Chef! Thank you for sharing such inspiring work. Big Hug. E