Sunday, May 19, 2013

Memorial Day, Already?

I can't believe it's almost Memorial Day weekend! Seems like just yesterday I was watching people shoveling snow and scraping ice. Of course, I live in California, and that was on the Weather Channel, but still, seems like yesterday. I blame my beloved Golden State Warriors for making the playoffs, and throwing off my seasonal clock.  

Anyway, the upcoming long weekend is considered the official start of cookout season, and to celebrate I thought I'd repost this collection of grill-friendly recipes. By the way, in addition to looking and tasting great on their own, these dishes all have a proven track record of pairing well with cold beer. Enjoy!! 

Santa Maria Tri-Tip Grilled Lamb Chops
Grilled Pickled Veggies Grilled Korean Short Ribs
Grilled Flank Steak Grilled Lemon Chicken
Cornell Chicken Grilled Barbecue Chicken
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Grilled Asian Skirt Steak
Spicy Tarragon Grilled Chicken Grilled Calabrian Chicken

3 comments:

Dan and Hilary said...

Totally going to rock it Chef John style this BBQ season, can't wait!

Any recommendations for fennel seed substitute for your grilled flank steak? Happy grilling!

Dan and Hilary said...

Can't wait to finally try some of your grilling recipes this summer. Going to rock Chef John style this year!

Any substitute for fennel seeds in your grilled flank steak recipe? Happy grilling!

Chef John said...

Thanks! Maybe tarragon?