Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy National Almond Day Eve!

I'm not sure if you've finalized menu plans for tomorrow's big National Almond Day celebration, but just in case you haven't, I hope you'll consider this beautiful almond arugula pesto! 

I know pesto is something that's generally served in the summer, but since arugula is so (too?) easy to find year-round, there's really no need to wait. I hope you give this delicious, and easy condiment a try soon. Enjoy!

Click here to read original post, and to get the ingredient list.

7 comments:

cookinmom said...

So...does that mean you can also bruise the olive oil when you make other pestos?

Willie Dukeshire said...

Awesome! luv the almond use...I really hate pine nuts. Will give this a go for sure. Thanks Chef John

Karen Hall said...

This looks so delicious! What do you think about using it on pasta? That's how I usually use basil-based pesto.

Chef John said...

i like it on pasta!

Chef John said...

yes you can, CM

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try, although I can't seem to find raw almonds that are not insanely dry.รน*

Hmm, I wonder if we'll still have almonds from California, between the drought and the disappearing honeybees. We may have to import them...

Unknown said...

I did this twice in the space of a week. It was amazing. And abundant quantities of rocket is much cheaper and fresher than basil where I live.