Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Since some of you may not be able to do the whole pork and beans/peas good luck thing for New Year's Day, I thought I would post the video for Weezer's Pork and Beans. In addition to being my new favorite song, the video spoofs-mocks-celebrates our favorite Youtube characters.

To ensure a new year full of happiness and prosperity, simply watch this video once, and then listen to it a second time with your eyes closed. As it plays I want you to visualize all the things you want to have happen for you in 2009. Good luck, and enjoy!

By the way, is it just me, or is that kid enjoying those beans a little too much?



Photo (c) The Joy of Good Eating, 1952

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock!

PrimeBrit said...

Happy New Year Chef...

Your site is my most viewed in 2007 and long may it continue!

You make me a better cook at home and my family are eternally grateful.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, John :-)

-Dan

Anonymous said...

A Happy and Prosperous New Year Chef!!!

kimiecat said...

Dear Chef John:

I love your video recipes and have made a couple of your dishes for the rellies over here in Tokyo, they went nuts over the blue cheese gratin.

Since your Mom has the good sense to live in Clifton Springs, how about some recipes featuring New York State wines?

Thanks for sharing your passion for cooking with the rest of us & Happy New Year.

Kimberly (of Upstate) in Tokyo

Anonymous said...

I think the kid is gearing up for his sister sleepover tonight. She told him he couldn't come she didn't say anything about his wind. ;)

george_lol said...

love your recipes, not sure about all this personal video stuff