Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Up for Bid: The Chef John Experience – Spend a Day Creating a Recipe Video with Me!

You may have read about the sudden and tragic loss my friend Jennifer Perillo recently suffered, and how the food blogger community was rallying around her via #apieforMikey.

In an inspired effort to turn that love and compassion into something even more tangible, Shauna Ahern from Gluten Free Girl, and Maggy Keet from Bloggers Without Borders, have created #AFundForJennie. Bloggers are auctioning off goods, services, and artwork to raise funds that go directly to help Jennifer and her two girls in this time of need.

To support the effort, I'll be auctioning off what I'm calling, "The Chef John Experience." The winning bidder will get to spend a full day with me planning, cooking, filming, and editing a video recipe that will air on Food Wishes. This will include three fabulous meals, and all the bad puns you can handle. Not to mention, the greatest re-gifted swag bag in the history of re-gifted swag bags.

I will take care of all related expenses (you will be seriously spoiled), but you do need to get to San Francisco to enjoy what I promise will be a very entertaining day. I will show you all my secret production methods, and share stories that will shock and amaze – several of which will be true.

If you would like to participate, simply leave you bid in this comments section. You can also send me your bid via email. I'll add a deadline to this auction eventually, but for now I just want to start the process and see where it goes.

If your not interested in this particular auction, but want to help anyway, click this link, or the BWOB DONATE button above, and contribute now! Thank you!!

23 comments:

cb said...

I'm in! Email is in your box.

Chef John said...

We have our first bid! $250!

Bully Briggs said...

Hey Chef John does the "regift bag" contain a label maker by any chance?

Trish said...

I can't stop laughing at 'the greatest re-gifted swag bag in the history of re-gifted swag bags'. Geographically I'm out, but I hope this gets lots of attention!

Chef John said...

New high bid $300!!

Jeremiah said...

I'll bid $400

Chef John said...

Thanks!! Please send me you email!

Iselinn said...

If only San Fransisco was closer to Norway... *sighs*
;)

Sprinkles said...

I'm completely destitute, I bid a pork pie served in a rusty ashtray.
Will the winner get to have a go on the freakishly small wooden spoon?

brian said...

i bid 3,000,000 hypothetical dollars

no one can beat that home slice ;D

Benoît Comeau said...

Crazy Canuck from Ottawa bids $500.

Never been to San Fran... when & where in San Fran is the production taking place?

my e-mail: crazycanuck@freetranslationclassifieds.com

(Let's see how much spam this posting generates...)

:-)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Pompous much? Is it really that "awesome" to meet Chef John?

Chef John said...

Not really, but for a troll it would probably be pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

Chef; do you have a date in mind?

Chef John said...

depends on the winner's schedule. I'm very flexible!

Anonymous said...

Like a Russian gymnast, but with healthier bones.

Anonymous said...

Chef John, will I be staying in the 5 star accommodations which I've become accustomed to in my travels, or crashing on your couch? And for how many nights?

Matthew said...

Why must the U.S. be so far from Australia?

Would I think it would be good to go? No I think it would be awesome.

So sadly I must stay here until my winning numbers come up on the lotto....

Chef John said...

Sorry, overnight stay not included. This is for a local, or someone traveling to SF anyway. Thanks!

Lori Ann Kinder said...

I would like to offer a bid of $550.00. I am definitely long overdue for a return visit to San Francisco! Lived in this beautiful city from 1984 -almost 1990. Loved every second of it, except for maybe those few minutes in October of "89!

Brooke said...

You are the coolest. True story.

Chef John said...

Not sure about that, but claiming you as a friend certainly helps my score! ;)

Chef John said...

Lori Ann, can you send your email address to me? foodwishes@yahoo.com You are currently tied with a previous high bid of $550!

Thanks!