Monday, February 12, 2007

Spicy Mediterranean Chicken with Sausage Stuffed Cherry Peppers

A culinary tour of the Mediterranean! Succulent Chicken thighs, artichoke hearts, olive, pepperoncini, and sausage stuffed cherry peppers! WARNING: This is an intense food experience, not for the bland palettes of the world.

As I mention in the clip, if you want this dish to be less spicy and intense, drain the pepperoncini before adding. This is great on top of rice or pasta. By the way, I got the inspiration for this dish from my Uncle Bill, who stuffs the “Peppadews” (a great brand of jarred cherry peppers from South Africa) with sausage and grills them as an appetizer.

Ingredients:
6 Chicken Thighs
1 Onion
1 Cup Sliced Pepperoncini
18 Cherry Peppers (Pepperdew if possible)
6-8 Oz. Italian Sausage
Herb De Provence
Salt And Pepper
Cumin
14 Oz Can Artichoke Hearts
1/2 Cup Greek Olives, Pitted
Olive Oil
Chicken Stock
Fresh Herbs to Garnish

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was an incredible experience...really...WOW! Thanks a ton for this recipe..AP

Gatton said...

This is the first thing I ever made from this site and I've since made it a couple more times. The pepperoncinis and brine really make the difference. Don't leave it out!

My only regret...no Peppadews in my area. Not that I can find anyway. I used jarred cherry peppers which worked ok.

Gatton said...

Why am I commenting again? Because this recipe has only 2 comments! And since January I've made this about a half a dozen times. It's really great and versatile. You really gotta serve it with a nice warm crusty baguette to soak up the broth.

ChurroPhan said...

Just tried this recipe. It was really good. Thanks! Just a note, John. I know it's in your video, but you forgot to list "Garlic" in your ingredients. You also don't specify how much cumin to use. The amount wasn't mentioned in the video either. Thanks again!