Sunday, July 22, 2007

Is “The Simpsons” the most delicious television show ever?

Yes, it is. As most of you know the Simpsons movie is premiering next week. If you don’t know, you don’t have a television, since the trailers have been running non-stop for 3 months. I am a huge Simpsons fan, and I can’t think of another television show that has discussed, parodied (D’oh! I should have said “skewered,” then I could have said, “both literally and figuratively”), and celebrated food as much as The Simpsons. I don’t think anyone keeps statistics about these things, but there must be more food references per minute of air time on this show than another other show ever produced. After an exhaustive 20 minute search of YouTube, I found a few of my favorite foodie moments. So, grab a doughnut and enjoy!

Homer really likes bacon (and so do I).


If a Chef only got to use one animal for the rest of their career which would they choose? It’s not even close.


Since it is Sunday, I thought I should post one clip devoted to the power of prayer.


Sorry Takeru Kobayashi, but competitive eating is NOT a sport. But, in this clip it sure is funny.


In case you don’t know how to pronounce “Chowder.”


The greatest theme restaurant parody ever!


My sister Valerie is a cop, so this is my favorite Simpsons food clip of all time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, these are all classics.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, pepper spray on eggs, would that really work?? just kidding, i'm fine with cayenne.

Anonymous said...

Hmm would Spider-pig bacon go with caramel then?

Chef John said...

lol

Jennifer said...

Priceless! This gave me such a laugh and a trip down memory lane.

Anonymous said...

Cool collection you have here, dood.
Man after watching all those clips makes me rly grab a bite something.
Thanks for the nice posting.