Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Friday Foodwishers!

Below you'll see a photo from a new video recipe I just finished filming. I'm not going to tell you what it is yet, but it does feature a delicious dose of dried porcini mushroom! It should be up early next week, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I just did.

Also, this weekend look out for some links to the breakfast videos I just filmed for About.com in New York City. I think they came out well, and it was fun just cooking and letting someone else worry about the filming, editing, etc. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

tut said...

Chef I need help this is our thanksgiving weekend an I want to make your Truffled mushroom potato gratin but not sure if I can get the sottocenere cheese in time :( I have truffles though is there some other cheese I can use an grate them both to get the same flavour? um almost sorta kinda,Thx for any ideas you might have Chef

Chef John said...

something that melts nice like a fontina, gruyere may also be nice. Maybe others have suggestions.

tut said...

Thx Chef I'll check out the fontina's the cheese shop might have sottocenere but probably not they sell out of stuf on the holidays,gruyere humm french onion soup ramikens to go with your aioli garlic bread which I was making anyway :)that aioli is just awesome Chef it really is hard to believe theres so much flavour in one clove of garlic lol should be on riplys believe it or not!! Thx again

tut said...

I was looking at your vegs posts and saw that tomazins video you did that I was so gung ho about but when I emailed you I neglected to mention to use couple three slices of bacon,so its oven 225,sprinkle of five spice,salt pepper,sugar,olive oil,bacon,tomatos,couple hrs take them out to cool and make a sandwich with the bacon an some of the tomazins while you wonder if it was worth the effort lol p.s. aioli