Wednesday, August 5, 2009

When it Rains it Pours (Wine and Delicious Gourmet Food!)

As soon as I get off the plane from my gourmet getaway to Colorado, I begin covering another major food event. SF Chefs. Food. Wine., which begins on Thursday, August 6th, and runs through the 9th, is hoping to become the premier annual culinary event San Francisco has been lacking.

As a longtime resident, I've always thought that for a city with such an incredibly rich culinary tradition, San Francisco should have its very own signature annual food and wine event. Hopefully, this event will turn out to be exactly that.

San Francisco's Union Square will be home to the main tasting tent where chefs, wine makers and local farmers will feature the best in sustainable foods and local products. A long, eclectic schedule of classes and seminars will also be offered in nearby hotels and restaurants, allowing patrons to interact with chefs, vintners, distillers, ranchers, food authors, and other culinary experts.

I'll be attending the Thursday night San Francisco Chronicle "Rising Stars" Opening Reception, as well as many other events throughout the weekend. In addition to being on the lookout for standout dishes and recipes to create videos with, I'll be taking lots of pictures so you can see what promises to be some very beautiful food.

If you live in the SF/Bay Area and were looking for a great reason to go besides the food and drink, this event will be supporting four local charities; San Francisco Food Bank, Meals on Wheels, The Golden Gate Restaurant Association Scholarship Foundation, and Project Open Hand.

For ticket and schedule information please check out the SF Chefs. Food. Wine. website.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Chef John! Just wanted to tell you how much fun you have made cooking for me. I try your recipies every week many which have become new favorites. Today is my 32nd birthday and I think i'll try the Steakhouse Style Ribeye.

Cheers!
Travis

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Travis!

Unknown said...

Wow, Chef John, I didn't know you're a local! Football's around the corner. How about some Niners-themed dishes...please?????

Chef John said...

I'm a NY Giants fan! Niners-themed dishes? How about Quiche?

Unknown said...

Quiche? Good..

Chef John's Quiche? Goooooood....

Wayne said...

Hello chef John
I found your reciep for sourdough bread. Can I use a gluten free flour?

Chef John said...

sorry, no idea, never done any gluten free cooking