Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Shorty Interview with Chef John

Thanks to many loyal readers of this blog, and my beloved YouTube channel fans, I'm proud to announce @FoodWishes (as I'm known on Twitter) is currently in 5th place for Shorty Awards nominations! I hear the top 5 finishers get an invite to NYC for the ceremony, so if you haven't voted, here's the link.

The following is an interview I did as part of the nomination process, and I thought I would repost it here. Enjoy!



What's your best tweet?

I love them all. That's like a
sking Octomom which child is her favorite.

What are six things you could never do without?
the other half of the twelve-pack

How do you use Twitter in your professional life?
To promote new (and totally awesome, if I do say) video recipes I've just produced.

What's your favorite Twitter app?
What's a Twitter app?

Twitter or Facebook?
Twitter! Facebook sucks. No offense.

What was the funniest trend you've seen?
Twitpics of food from really dark restaurants. It all looks like corned beef hash.

What feature should Twitter add?
With one click, you can delete another user's Twitter account if you think it's lame.

Who do you wish had a Twitter feed but doesn't?
That guy that does the 6 Flags commercials.

What are some words or phrases you refuse to shorten for brevity?
"the" and "notwithstanding"

Is there someone you want to follow you who doesn't already? If so, who?
Top Chef host @PadmaLakshmi. She has 19,428 followers and only follows 74 people. You do the math.

Have you ever unfollowed someone? Who and why?
Yes. Can't say, and won't say.

Why should we vote for you?
Why not?

Terms you wish would start trending on Twitter right now?
#WhyBaldingMenAreSexier

What's the most interesting connection you've made through Twitter?
Now following my wife.

Hashtag you created that you wish everyone used?
#FoodWishes4Life

How do you make your tweets unique?
I only type with my pinkies.

What inspires you to tweet?
Desperate need for attention and huge amounts of free time.

Ever get called out for tweeting too much?
Never. If anything, I'm surprised people don't ask me to tweet more often. My tweets really are quite scintillating.

140 characters of advice for a new user?
Contrary to what most Twitter advisers say, I encourage new uses to tweet *more* when they're drinking.

How long can you go without a tweet?
Approximately 2.7 hours

What question are we not asking here that we should?
What's the deal with those Jersey Shore kids?

Who do you admire most for his or her use of Twitter?
Steven Colbert

Why'd you start tweeting?
All the cool kids were doing it.

Has Twitter changed your life? If yes, how?
Yes. Not sure.

What do you wish people would do more of on Twitter?
Follow me.

How will the world change in 2010?
Apparently, from what I hear, it will get about .03 degrees warmer.

What are some big Twitter faux pas?
Trying to sound smart by using pretentious terms like, "faux pas."

What will the world be like 10 years from now?
It will be very similar to today, except people will cook at home much more often, thanks to the abundance of online cooking videos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was great. I just hope they don't pay too much attention to your answers, I actually want you to win.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

redforever said...

Best question and comment of all...

"What's the most interesting connection you've made through Twitter?

Now following my wife."

:)))

Anonymous said...

The Shorty Awards rule reads: Votes must have a reason after "because..." or they won't count! AND unfortunately many haven't followed these directions SO, If any of you already voted, but didn't add a reason, you CAN vote again. And, while only one of your votes will count, voting a second time replaces your first one; it's the last one you post that gets counted. Help move Chef John up in the rankings by making sure every vote count!