Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Happens in Vegas, Will be Recorded and Shared on this Blog

I'm headed to Las Vegas for a fabulous week of food and wine as a guest of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. They put together a culinary journalists tour to showcase the latest industry trends and newest restaurants in the city. We'll be grazing our way through the Palms, CityCenter, Bellagio, Wynn/Encore, Venetian/Palazzo, MGM Grand, and Mandalay Bay, just to name a few.

This trip comes at a perfect time. Since the cookbook production started, I've been pretty much working 7 days a week, usually 12-14 hours a day to keep up with the daunting schedule. It's been a blur of cooking, videotaping, photographing, editing, and writing. The nice thing about a trip like this is not only do I get lots of great content for my American Food site on About.com, but I get a welcomed break from the routine.

Being around all the new and interesting dishes, drinks, and describers of such, will be restorative on several levels.
I also get to meet and share ideas with other food writers, which is always a blast. Stay tuned for updates and posts to follow soon. Speaking of following, if you want to come along on what promises to be a very interesting few days in my third favorite city, follow me on my Twitter page. Enjoy!

Vegas Photo (c) Flickr user jimg944

5 comments:

PrimeBrit said...

You ROCK Chef. Have a great time, you deserve these perks...

chefrenee said...

Oh Gee! I am wishing I was you right now! Your trip sounds great, have fun I'll just have Food Wishes does Vegas dreams all night!
Sigh!

Chris K. said...

Do check out the wine tower in Aureole at Mandalay Bay. It's quite a sight.

And if any of your drunken blogger friends suggests a late-night trip to the Palamino, do yourself a favor and punch him in the face.

Anonymous said...

chef john, go visit the village seafood buffet at the rio. but do expect to in a long queue, but its worth it!

Rita said...

have a safe trip! but most of all... have a LOT OF FUN!!!