Monday, June 15, 2009

Chef Peter McNee Crowned "Prince of Porc" at Cochon555

I'm furiously working away, getting everything in order for the big trip to Aspen for the Food and Wine Classic, but yesterday I attended the San Francisco stop of Cochon555, and even though time is short, I wanted to give you a little video recap of the porkilicious proceedings.

Thanks to Taste Network for putting on such a fun event, and for helping support the effort to raise awareness about heritage breed pigs. All five chefs did an amazing job honoring the meat with creative preparations using every inch of the animal, literally.

Peter McNee, from Poggio Trattoria, was declared "Prince of Porc" by a combined vote from a panel of judges, as well as a poll of the guests. Any of the chefs could have won, and all together, according to my count, there were over 60 separate pork preparations!

Since foodies can not live by pork alone, there was also a great selection of wine by Krupp Brothers, Hirsch Vineyards, Elk Cove Winery, Arcadian Winery, K Vintners/ Charles Smith's Wines, Chase Cellars and (my favorite) Ghost Horse World.

My friends from Foodbuzz were one of the sponsors, so thanks to them as always (see you guys in Aspen!). I like I said, I just don’t have time for a full, detailed bite-by-bite account, but nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this quickly thrown-together video recap. Enjoy!



No comments: