Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Loafing with Chris Lilly's Loaf Pan Chicken

We arrived back in San Francisco after a fun, but tiring few days at Kingsford University. I have a great recap planned, but neither the time nor the energy to post it today. 

So, if you'll pardon my "loafing," I'd like to share this cool loaf pan chicken recipe from Chris Lilly instead. 

Please forgive the low-res video and poor sound, as it was shot on my cell phone, but stay tuned for my upcoming HD version, which I'll adapt for the oven. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
3 1/4 pound chicken
3/4 cup apple sauce
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce to taste
Any dry rub, enough to coat

8 comments:

blogagog said...

Very nice! One of the things I've always hated about smoker/grills down here in the south is that the televisions attached to them are always low definition.

His is a tremendous improvement!

Asian Malaysian said...

Its obviously the HDTV that does the trick. I definitely need one in the kitchen now.

Anonymous said...

Chef John,

Is this the "adapted" oven version or should I hold out on making this? Was going to make it tonight.

Chef John said...

go ahead and make it, I just meant I would film me doing this recipe in the oven and report back. Please tell me how it comes out! :-)

Ian said...

Chef John,

This recipe looks fantastic, I'm not sure I'll be able to give up on my "buggered" chicken stand though, but i will certainly give this a try. On a different note, recognizing your affinity for the occasional cheeseball joke in your vids, i cannot believe you passed up on the "so i just flew in from Las Vegas... and boy are my arms tired" bit. 'Sup w/ that?!

rancholyn said...

Waiting to hear how the oven version turns out...

Anonymous said...

That grill thing is awesome..I want one now..

pasty cornish said...

Made loaf pan chicken yesterday! Turned out juicy and flavourful. Took about 3 hours cooking indirectly on my Weber charcoal grill. You are left with TONS of juice that makes a great sauce.

I took a picture, too :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/pasty_cornish/5513880257/

wish I had known about Kingsford University -- would've come down.

love the simple recipe. thanks!