Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Snackpicks' White Bean Dip

This super easy white bean dip is perfect for those occasions when you have a few friends coming over and want to make a tasty snack or appetizer that's not going to take a lot of time, or break the bank.

I also like this recipe because it's not hummus. Don't get me wrong, I love hummus, but you have to admit, it's a little overused. If you took a picture of 100 snack tables at 100 random parties, I bet 75 of them would show a bowl of hummus.

This white bean dip recipe is part of a series of eight snack videos I did for Kellogg's Snackpicks.com. When you click on the video player below, you'll be taken to their fine site to view the video, and if you want, get the written recipe.

If you have questions or comments, please come on back and post them here. Thanks, and enjoy!


12 comments:

Brad said...

Nice work Chef!

grumbleghoul said...

went to the snackpicks site. all the little video links below the main video are broken links. bean dip looks awesome tho, gonna try it real soon!

Kevin said...

Haha before I read the article, I instantly asked myself "Why not just make hummus?". Also if 3 out of 4 parties have hummus, then I must going to the wrong ones.

Anonymous said...

I feel a bit sorry for the SnackPicks audience. They don't get to hear nearly as many of the corny jokes you love to tell :)

Joe LaGreca said...

Is the pinto bean considered a white bean? Would it work with this recipe?

Chef John said...

no and yes

Unknown said...

Ooh that was lovely, congrats on your new gig. I hope there's more dips coming up. Especially if they're different colored and flavored.

LDM said...

Similar dish I made the other week:

1 can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed.
3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary, de-stemmed
2-3 cloves garlic.
Dash of Lemon Juice.
Salt & Pepper to taste.

Blend in food processor, adding olive oil for consistency.

Chris said...

Perfect timing for snacks during the basketball tournament.

benoit said...

Hi.

The video doesn't seem to be loading probably because they moved or removed it from their website. Any chance that you can post it yourself?

Thanks.

Chef John said...

try now, they changed links

Heidi said...

I just tried the link and it said the page isn't found. Is there another way to access the video?